Sunday, July 8, 2012

Parts Arrive!

I ordered all my replacement parts from Samuelson Pedal Tractor Parts and they just arrived!

New Pedal Tractor Parts
I opted to go with new wheels, tires and hubcaps. The rear axle on my tractor was broken in half and needed to be replaced. The sproket will need to be welded to the axle once it is installed and aligned with the pedal shaft. The steering wheel on my tractor incorrect, broken and bent.

Original Steering Wheel
The new pedal shaft incorporates new bushings with lock collars instead of the old split bushings and welded on washers.
New Pedal Crank Arm

I had a couple of problems with the new parts. One of the small rims looks like it was bent when the tire was installed.

Bent Front Rim
The other problem is that the rims are too wide for my front axle. The hub on the original rims did not extend out past the edge of the rim like the new ones do.

Original Front Rim






No comments:

Post a Comment