Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Paint Prep

Contacted Samuelson Pedal Tractor Parts about the bent rim I received and they are sending a new one. Seems like a really nice guy running the place. Apparently he was helping his Mother and Father run the business and both of them have passed away in the last 16 months. They've been in the pedal parts business since 1978 and he told me they're always busy. Can't imagine how many of these little tractors are putting around. Does anyone have ERTL production numbers? I also ordered a new steering post to go with the new front rims as the old rims and front axle were narrower than what is being reproduced.

I just noticed I was out of AlumPrep 33 which is used to clean aluminum parts prior to painting. It cleans and etches the surface prior to painting. I've used it to prep motorcycles engines and parts with very good results. I also ordered some zinc phosphate primer which will make a good base for the John Deere green. I get the AlumPrep 33 and Zinc Phosphate primer from Aircraft Spruce.

AlumPrep 33
Zinc Phosphate Primer

Apparently John Deere Classic Green paint cannot be sold in California. At least when I tried to order it from John Deere they would allow it to be shipped here. Well it's gotta be John Deere green, not Valspar, Rustoleum, or Krylon green. A little research revealed other sources that have no problem shipping to California, and my cans of authentic John Deere Classic Green showed up this weekend!

The Real McCoy!
I hope the EPA bubbas don't show up on my doorstep this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment