Monday, September 10, 2012

Sod Installation

The wife wanted some grass in the back yard so I took the opportunity to add a horseshoe pit. Since our yard is on a slope, I had to terrace out a couple of sections. The lower section is about 18 feet wide and 45 feet long. The upper section is about 13 feet wide and 60 feet long. 
 
 
 
The top section gradually slopes down to meet the lower section. We cannot get a Bobcat or any large machinery into the back yard, so the terracing was all done by me with a flat shovel. After gettting it shaped up, I installed sprinklers to keep everything green.
 
 With the sprinklers in, it was time for sod. I installed Marathon I sod which was developed for Southern California. Although this shows only me carrying the sod, I had a lot of help.
  
 
We put down about 1300 sq feet of sod in about 3 hours.
 
 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment